Quick and easy snack for all your kitty parties, birthday parties, pot luck etc.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 3 medium-sized potatoes boiled and cut in cubes
- ½ cup whole yellow peas or matar boiled
- ½ cup black chickpeas or kala chana boiled
- 1 large-sized onion finely chopped
- 1 tomato diced
- ⅓ cup cucumber diced
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 bunch coriander leaves chopped
- 1 small lemon
- 1 tbsp tamarind
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 2 tsp aloo kabli masala
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp black salt
- 2 tbsp sev
- Salt to taste
For the Aloo Kabli Masala
- 1.5 tsp cumin seeds or jeera
- 1 tsp coriander seeds or dhaniya
- ⅓ tsp carom seeds or ajwain
- 2 tsp fennel seeds or sauf
Soak ripe tamarind in ¼ cup hot water for 20 minutes. Mash well. Strain the pulp and keep it aside.
Heat a non-stick pan on medium-low flame. Combine cumin, coriander, carom and fennel seeds. Dry roast for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant.
Let it cool down. Then add the spices to a food processor and grind to a fine powder. Keep aside.
In a bowl, add potatoes, onions, tomatoes, chickpeas, yellow peas, cucumber, green chilli, coriander, lemon juice, 1-2 tbsp tamarind pulp, chaat masala, aloo kabli masala, red chilli flakes, black salt, salt and sev. Stir everything together. Serve immediately.